Friday, July 15, 2011

I have been assessed as a High Risk Offender for 2 drink-driving convictions: How can I get my Licence back?

I used to be a bus driver but I lost my licence. I was convicted twice for drink-driving. The first one was in 1982 and the last one in 2000. The last one I was sentenced in Ealing Magistrates Court. I have had no other driving convictions. My disqualification ended in 2001. I applied to get my licence back when my disqualification ended but was told that as I had been convicted twice for drink driving I was regarded as a high risk offender (HRO) and they sent me a letter asking me to sign a form authorising the DVLA to obtain my medical records. I did this. I then got a letter back from the DVLA saying that they would not me renewing my licence for medical reasons and they sent me back my cheque. Because of the extra insurance I would have had to pay in order to drive because of the drink-drive convictions I did not challenge the decision. As it is now 11 years since I was sentenced, my points will be taken off and I will have a clean licence again if I got it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment