Friday, July 22, 2011

Do I have a civil suit?

The state of NY family court lied to me regarding my child support payments, ways to contact state agencies and told me one thing would happen, but did another. The helpline they use was not helpful at all, and very contradictory. The family court support magistrate actually told me she didn't have time to explain things to me because there was a waiting room full of people. My meeting was set for 9 am, it didn't start til 917am. All total there was about 12-13 Min's worth of meeting with no answers, just a big payment. She told me to send my payments to an address, putting my name and ssn on the check to help direct it to where it needed to go. I didn't have an acct number for 3.5 weeks. They lost my first two payments, but they actually posted them back to my bank, they just had no record of me paying. The S.M. gave me the choice to make paper payments, nothing was ever said regarding wage garnishment, the state is now garnishing my wages for no other reason other than its the preferred method. Can I sue NYS Family Court, and the support collection unit? Thank You very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment