Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What are my legal options? PLEASE HELP! State college, Illegal/unjust activity.?

I received a parking ticket for 108$$ when my car broke down, while I awaited a tow truck. A few weeks later I received a letter in the mail that a warrant was put out for my arrest do to lack of payment, I then filed an appeal with the Magistrate John Grine in state college, PA, had to type/print a letter stating my appeal with the docket number for the ticket as well as provide my current address; and was told I would receive information about the hearing shortly. Today I get a letter saying that I missed the hearing and will have to pay them 108$$ end of story. I call the magistrate and asked them why I never received information about the hearing in the mail, to which they she rudely told me that they received it back in the mail just today; yet somehow this letter mailed yesterday telling me it's too late and will HAVE to pay made it perfectly fine to my mailbox as well as a bill previous to this letter, and the warrant for my arrest. They apparently used a different address to send my hearing letter out, and then used the correct address which was on my appeal letter i physically handed to them to let me know I would have to pay them the money and there would be no chance for a hearing because i didn't show up (how do you show up for something if you don't know it's happening). Now I have no option, never received a fair trial/hearing, and must pay no questions asked. The only option was to contact an office which I couldn't even pronounce and pay them 60 dollars for yet another appeal; now that doesn't seem worth it when the ticket is 108$, i don't have 60 dollars to pay them and certainly don't have 108. Do i have any other legal options, can I contact state representative, if so who. The lady at the magistrate office was rude, told me I had no option besides a 60 dollar appeal, or pay up, then hung up the phone on me. First of all, does that not seem illegal and scam-like (sending the bill/warrant to the correct address and somehow mysteriously flubbing the address for my hearing), secondly how on earth can they get away with doing this? and lastly who can I contact to fix this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment